Friday, April 6, 2007

New Orleans, here we come...

After months of preparation and team building, Gary and I will be leaving to New Orleans tomorrow! We will be going with a team of 31 from the Fair Oaks youth group - traveling to Louisiana to serve and minister to families affected by Hurricane Katrina. Our plans for the week include doing drywall/painting, leading a children's VBS program, and feeding the homeless. We also will be prayerfully listening for that 'still small voice' should God have something totally unexpected up His sleeve!

Throughout the next week, we will be uploading photos from the trip as well as testimonials by the participants. We'll try and post each day, as the internet situation allows. Please check back often! Also, if you would like to leave a encouragement or prayer as a comment, we will be sure to relate those to the students.

Thanks!

"I proclaim righteousness in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, as you know, O Lord. I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly." Psalm 40:9-10

No comments: