Saturday, June 9, 2007

Congratulations, Kelley!

Last night was a very special occasion for Gary and I: the graduation of the first student we've known all the way through high school. I first met Kelley at Natomas HS, when she and her friend joined the colorguard team as 9th graders. Though she got separated from the team when the district built a new high school, Kelley started coming to youth group and my relationship with her began to transition from coach to youth leader.

After Gary and I left for the world race, it changed yet again to prayer partner and friend. Kelley has now graduated into 'the real world' and will began at Heald College over the summer.

Though the past four years feel as if they've flown by, I marvel at how many things we've been through and how much God has done in each of our lives (... and how often road trips have been involved!). I love this girl as if she were my own sister, and am SO proud of everything she has accomplished!






Way to go, Squishy!!!!

No comments: