Thursday, October 25, 2007

Writing Overload

It's that time in the quarter at Seminary when things start being due. The fun and frivolity of classroom lectures is giving way to the demand for actual work product. So, I find myself writing like a madman.

Over the last 30 hours or so, I have written over 3200 words about the roles and relative importance of music, prayer, and preaching in worship gatherings. I have explored biblical modes of worship and responded to selected musings from the reading list. I have drawn conclusions about where contemporary worship gatherings could come more in line with God's intentions for them, and I have notated everything in accordance with the MLA Handbook. In that time, I have also worked a full day, slept a little bit, watched the latest episode of The Ultimate Fighter, and drank 3/4 of a pot of coffee.

Why cram all of this into such a short time period? Because my Ever-Lovin' Wife has a special weekend planned for me. You see, Thursday and Friday is our weekend, and this particular weekend falls directly before my birthday on Monday. So, ELW has formulated some super secret birthday plans for me. Which she says will fill the weekend. Which means I had to finish all of my papers before this afternoon. Which I have done.

So now, I can sit back, relax, and enjoy whatever it is she has planned for me. I just hope my brain isn't too mushy to appreciate it.

2 comments:

caljoy said...

ELW?? you guys have the strangest names for each other, and these are only the ones I know about.

Glad you got all your papers and reading done. Remember you have to teach me all you have learned so that i do not have to take seminary classes......LOL

tonymyles said...

See... now you know it was worth it, eh?