Saturday, February 3, 2007

Exactly One Year Ago Today...


After traveling all night through Mexico and Guatemala, my team arrived at Lake Atitlan just in time to see the sun rise.

It was one of those moments when God reveals the beauty of His creation in an extraordinary way… when your heart begins to pound and you can’t help but laugh out loud in the joy of spontaneous worship.

It was the first of many times throughout that month that Guatemala would imprint itself on my soul, marking itself as one of those places to which I know I must return.

Beautiful places in nature have a way of doing that - touching my soul, gently reminding me of the majesty and power of our Lord.

Perhaps this is why they call to me - to be in the outdoors is to be standing in the midst of God's creation, celebrating what He has made, what He is in, being more fully in and aware of His presence.

No comments: