Friday, September 28, 2007

No Baptist Jokes, Please.

After a two year hiatus, Gary and I have returned... to the ballroom dancing scene!


Well, sort of.

A few weeks ago, I received a postcard in the mail announcing a new "Friday Night Dance Club" right here in Concord. As I looked closer, I saw that it was actually a ballroom dance, with lessons and a dj, hosted at a local church. Gary and I talked about going to check it out, and tonight we finally made it over there.

Those of you who know us may remember that Gary and I have danced quite a bit of ballroom together. Before we had ever dated, we were competition partners on the USC Ballroom & Latin Dance Team (affectionately known as the USCBLT). Dancing was seriously my life and identity. But then life changed, as it is apt to do. We got married and moved to Sacramento, and dancing just wasn't the same. It became less and less a part of our lives until I began to feel guilty when people would refer to us as "dancers".

Anyways, since Gary has become a full-time youth pastor, what was once our former hobby has now become our whole life, and though we LOVE youth ministry, we do miss having other things to talk about! So, with a new opportunity at hand, we decided to give the ballroom dancing another whirl. (haha)

We dusted off the old dance shoes. We donned our gay apparel. (ok, I was just wondering if you were still reading... actually we just changed out of our jeans). We googled our directions and OFF WE WENT!

To be continued...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you and Gary are getting back into ballroom dancing and what a coincidence, Ann and I went to a square dance club on Wednesday for the first time in about ten years. I hope you remember more than we did! Love you guys.