Monday, September 3, 2007

I did it!

As many of you know, I have been praying for quite a while about the children of Swaziland. I feel that God has really broken my heart for that nation, and I have been praying about what my response should be.

Well, this morning, through World Vision, I decided to sponsor a little girl named Nothando. She is four years old, and as precious as can be. I would post her picture here if I could, but security measures won't allow me to do that. Just trust me when I tell you that she's the cutest thing ever!

If you are also interested in sponsoring a child in Swaziland, you must click on the "Find Child" button on the left-hand side of the World Vision home page. This will take you to a search page with a drop down menu of countries you can choose from. For some reason, Swaziland only shows up on this list, but not the one on the home page.

It always blows me away how much God has blessed those of us in the States, and it is such a joy to be able to give God's blessings back by helping those in need. I pray that little Nothando will come to understand just how much God loves her, and that my sponsorship will help her and her family to stay healthy and safe.

1 comment:

caljoy said...

Yeah Katherine. Dave and I have supported kids through World Vision for 30 years now. Our first girl was from the Philippines and she kinda grew up with us.
They (WV) are really making a difference around the world. I think to date we have had kids in over 12 countries????
God is creative and so good