Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Jesus Loves the Little Children

By Karina

It is such a different experience to have church four times a week! And it’s also a lot of fun.

My favorite times are singing up on stage (something I’ve never done before) and getting to play with the kids after church. It’s so much fun to look over at all the kids in their colorful little chairs and know that you will get at least one playful little smile from them during the service. You don’t even need to know the same language because just showing them you care with a big smile on your face means the world to them. They love it when you tickle them, chase them, hug them, spin them around, make funny faces and say funny things to them.

This week I have definitely found a little kid that I would absolutely love to pack in my suitcase and take home with me. His name is Miko. He looks about two or three years old and he only reaches up to your knee. The first time I met him, he came up to me and all he wanted to do was give me high fives. He loves to slap anything with his hands and has the sweetest smile ever!

The kids here are so sweet and loving and I never want to forget about them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karina, I can totally picture you smiling at Niko. Your smile is so inviting, that it doesn't surprise me that he was drawn to you. So glad you're having a great time! Vangy

caljoy said...

You go girl and do what the Lord has blessed you to do.
You might even find that as He stretches you you find peace and joy.
You are in my prayers daily.
love Joy
P.S. Hows that book coming along?

NE14SKR said...

Awesome!

Anonymous said...

You all look so beautiful singing...you can see God in your faces!
xoxo
Barbara R.