Saturday, June 21, 2008

She's Walking

It happened yesterday. Without warning, feeling came back in her legs yesterday morning. By midday, she was standing and walking on her own.

Last night, through teary eyes, I saw her walk for myself.

During a prayer meeting on her behalf about a week ago, God led me to Psalm 20, a great psalm of blessing that lifts up God’s faithfulness in answering prayer. Verses 7 and 8 say this:
Some trust in chariots and some in horses,
but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.

They are brought to their knees and fall,
but we rise up and stand firm.
I prayed that God would make this true of our sister, that she would rise up and stand firm, even as she lay in her bed in ICU, paralyzed from the waist down. And now, He has answered. He has done it. He has prevailed.

My heart is filled with gratitude, and my eyes are filled with tears, even as I type these words.

Our God is faithful and good. Let us praise His Name.

1 comment:

caljoy said...

I remember one thing I learned from the beth moore bible study this past spring on faith. We must always know and believe that God CAN, that He has the power to heal at any time. That is where I have to put my trust. Just like Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego answered to King Neb "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”
Even if God didn't heal our Molly He is worthdy of our praise and adulation.
Right now I am so thankful that she is upright and walking.