Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Love Fest

I just got a wonderfully encouraging e-mail from one of our former youth group girls. Kailey came to our group in Sacramento when she was in 6th and 7th grade, then moved away right before Gary and I left on the world race, so she'll be entering high school this fall (they grow up so fast!). I had written her to let her know we are back in California, and that Gary is working as youth pastor now. Her response just made my day:

Thats so cool that u guys get to start that i am so happy for u!!! The kids there are soo lucky to have the best of the best!!!!!!!!! U guys are amazing!!!!! Alot of youth pastors that i no don't really connect with the kids they are just kinda there to tell them what they should do, but u guys really connects with us!!!! U guys make us feel like equals that ur not looking down on us cause we're just kids!!!!! Im sooooo happy for u guys it sounds really exciting!!!! I love hearing from u guys to!!!!!!!!! I miss u guys soooo much!!!!!!!!! have a great week and tell Gary i say hi and tell him i miss him bunches!!!!!!!!! love u guys!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldn't be doing youth work if I didn't believe it made a difference, but it's not every day that you get a thank you. Moments like these are few and far between, and I cherish them greatly.

=)


Kailey & a friend on our 2005 JH mission trip to Tijuana.

No comments: