Monday, March 31, 2008

A Proud Leader

My time in New Orleans was really special for the way I was able to connect with our students, to laugh with, pray for, challenge, support and encourage them as they leaped out of their comfort zones to serve Christ.

Through God’s power, our team was able to:

visit people we’ve met in past trips and remind them that God is working in their lives…

provide inner city children a safe place to play, eat, and learn about God…

bless and pray for people in a variety of circumstances…

lead children to Christ for the first time…

make new friends outside of our own groups…

consider how God may be challenging us to live differently back home…

serve by painting at Bethel Colony (men’s rehab center)…

look homeless people in the eye, shake their hand and give them dignity…

serve lunch to hungry people in need…

comprehend just how lucky we are, and how much we have to be thankful for…

I firmly believe that there is no greater pleasure in all the world than to experience the privilege of God working through you to bless someone else. A close second might be the delight to see firsthand so many students experience this pleasure for the first time! What a week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I firmly believe that there is no greater pleasure in all the world than to experience the privilege of God working through you to bless someone else. "
Wow, that is totally what I learned that week when I met & talked with Colletta & Michael! Feeling God's unconditional love through me for them was one of the most amazing things ever!
Btw, can u please pray that Michael e-mails me this week? He hasn't yet, but Zaira asked Jeff to ask Michael to check his e-mail. So I'm praying he will this week! Thanks SO much, I wanna hear from him so badly.