Saturday, January 26, 2008

Isn't Christmas Over Yet?

Since Katherine's gone to a women's retreat this weekend, I thought I'd put in a little work to keep the dust off of the blog. To get thngs rolling, I need to do a little venting.

I've been making a fair number of trips to Starbucks lately, and my drink of choice is the grande brewed coffee. It's cheap, it's delicious, and it meets my needs. Also, I enjoy the great variety of coffee blends: Cafe Verona, Yukon, etc. They're all delicious.

So here's the problem. I am perhaps the only person on Earth who dislikes the Starbucks Christmas Blend. I find it too citrusy to be considered real coffee. Thus, the yuletide, that special time of year when the Christmas Blend reemerges, is for me marked with inferior coffee. I am always thrilled when the Christmas Blend disappears back into the shadows, making way for far superior blends.

Today is the 26th day of January, 2008. So why is it that, on this very day, at two different Starbucks locations, I was offered the Christmas blend? It's not Christmas, is it? In fact, it's nearly February. And yet, I'm made to suffer at the hands of crappy coffee. Is there no justice? Must I drink decaf? ACK!!

I thank the Almighty for the advent of Casi Ciello, a full-bodied and rich coffee Starbucks is pushing this month.

So mark my words: if I ever become Supreme Dictator of the Universe, my first decree will be that Christmas Blend must disappear on December 26th. Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Im with you on that one!!!